Thursday, March 24, 2011

Summary C4K Comments 4-6

C4K 4

Osana @ Pt England School

This post was done by a year 6 student in Auckland, New Zealand. Her post was relatively simple. She had an image of puppies sitting in the grass with a link on the side to take her viewers to the source of the photo. It was obviously a lesson in how to create links.

I commented that I thought it was good that she is learning how to add links to her blog because it adds interest and value to a post. Also, I commented on the fact that she chose to use an image of puppies because I love dogs also.

C4K 5

Lepa @ Pt England School

This post was done by a year 6 student named Lepa from Pt. England School. The post was a very good one done on the favorite foods of another classroom at the school. Lepa polled other students on which food was their favorite (pizza, butter chicken, burger, curry and kumara, hot chops, taro and chopsui, fry bread, sandwiches, mussels, jelly, and nachos) then turned the results into a bar graph. Lepa then summarized the findings and concluded that most preferred nachos and the least favorite food was curry and kumara.

I commented that I was very impressed and interested with the topic of the post. I let her know that it was interesting to me because I wasn’t familiar with some of the foods that she had included in her poll. They were quite different than some of the favorite foods that we have in America. I also commented that I liked how she summarized her findings because it made it easier for the reader.

C4K 6

Mr. Webb's Room 8 Blog

This post I commented on was from Mr. Webb’s class in New Zealand. The students were aged 12-13. The assignment was to complete a digital photography challenge which consisted of working in groups to take creative photographs of their school and then working those photographs into a video slideshow. I watched videos from both groups one and two, and commented on the second video.

My comments included how impressed I was. I truly couldn’t believe that the students found all of those pictures in fifteen minutes. Also, it impressed me how creative they were in finding their photographs. Some were better than others, but overall, the students were innovative in seeing interesting things to photograph. I also commented that I enjoyed seeing a little bit of their school.

No comments:

Post a Comment