Sunday, April 17, 2011

Blog Assignment 12

google docs logo


Watch Google Docs Sharing and Collaboration

Then familiarize yourself a little with Google docs.

I would add this lesson into the curriculum because I think Google docs is a really valuable too, not only for EDM 310 but also for collaboration in any other class or situation. Something I would change though is how the collaboration takes place. I definitely agree that collaboration and group work is essential, but I think it would be cool if we were assigned groups according to Google docs and communicated that way. I have used it to work on papers and projects with other groups, and I think it's important to know how to use it. Also, because we don't meet in the physical classroom that often, I think it would be better to have a required collaboration project in Google Docs to get us familiar with the features as well as to eliminate the problems of forming groups and finding class time to meet. For Also, it's important to become really familiar with all of the features of google docs because it could be wonderful too to use in the classroom. Not only can it facilitate group projects, but it also allows the teacher to moderate and check on the group and their progress.

1 comment:

  1. I like the your idea about having a google docs sharing and collaboration.I believe this should definitely added to the curriculum for EDM310.I like that you mentioned that this would be beneficial for other classes.

    ReplyDelete